tutu bug

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Funny and Unique Read...

I love to read.  Usually, you will find me curled up with some sort of conspiracy theory novel with lots of CIA, FBI, undercover Ops, Navy Seal guys bustin' the bad guys or a murder mystery of some sort  (I know, so weird for a tutu makin' mama!)  Anyway, I am trying to expand my horizons and I found the most delicious and cute and funny and unique book last week.  The title of it is Twenties Girl and it is written by a British gal by the name of Sophie Kinsella who also wrote Confessions of a Shopaholic

In it, the main character Lara has recently lost her great Aunt Sadie, whom she wasn't even close to.  At the funeral, her aunt appears to her as a ghost in search of her beautiful necklace that has disappeared.  Lara is distracted by other things in her life, such as her recent break-up with her loser boyfriend and her best friend/business associate who has recently bailed on her.  Unfotunately for Lara, Sadie could care less about her great-niece's problems and demands Lara to find the precious necklace.  As these two go on a journey together to find the missing necklace, these two very different ladies learn some surprising truths from eachother along the way....

Happy reading!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the book tip! I am always on the look out for a good one!! I love your tutu's! Stopping by from SITS!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Handcrafted tutu's for your little princess