tutu bug

Monday, February 7, 2011

Valentine's Day and the Matching Tutu

OK, so I have to confess, I am not a big fan of Valentine's Day.  It's weird because I grew up in a home where I got Valentine candies and gifts from my parents and grandparents.  We'd do the red foods and heart shaped meatloaf (which is about the only Valentine tradition I do) and all that jazz.  Once I got married though, I just figured I was done with Valentine's Day.  Here's the biggest reason.   DH's birthday is in November, Christmas is in December and our anniversary is in January.  By February, if he doesn't know he's loved, he needs to open his eyes and unplug his ears :).  As for our kids, we still say Happy Valentine's and do the heart shaped meatloaf but w aren't big candy eaters, so all the chocolates and sweet goodies are out (hence the meatloaf).  I try to keep it simple and most importantly, show my boys that they are loved every day of the year.  Please don't think I am anti-Valentine's day, I'm really not, it's just that, we keep our little traditions low key and minimal when it comes to this day!

Now if I had a daughter and could get her all dressed up in something super cute, I might change my tune :).  I made this Sweetheart tutu, for those that like to go all out for Valentine's Day and want to dress up that little Valentine in their life!  It's made with shimmery pink, red and white tulle, with a white satin ribbon covered in hearts.   Too cute!

1 comment:

  1. Very cute Melanie! Sometimes I wish I had a girl to dress up in these tutu's! I will tell my friends with girls to check your site out.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Handcrafted tutu's for your little princess