tutu bug

Monday, January 10, 2011

What the heck is a cornbag?!?!

Yeah I get that question a lot.  I sell cornbags at boutiques as well as my tutu's.  They seem to be very popular sellers, I have a lot of repeat buyers and people who purchase them for stocking stuffers, teacher gifts, etc.  Anyway, a corn bag is pretty much just that -a bag filled with corn.  It's a little fancier than that, I actually sew fabric (flannel or cotton) and fill with a special non-popping corn (no that isn't a dumb question, people ask it all the time).  The cornbag is used as an all natural hot pack or cold compress and is great for sore backs, cramps, achy muscles, headaches, etc, etc.  My favorite use for the cornbags is during the winter.  I heat it up and throw it under the covers at the foot of the bed.  I then put my cold toesies on the cornbag instead of my husband.  I think it actually saved our marriage.  Anyway, they are great little inventions and super affordable too. 

We store ours in the freezer so you always have an ice pack available and then take out and microwave as needed.  I currently have 4 in the freezer and am thinking of making a few more.  My kids love them and sleep with them year round.  The kids love them for some reason, two of my friends who bought them told me that their kiddos sleep with them as well.  Anyway, I know I had mentioned in a previous post about these and I wanted to finally explain them :).

6 comments:

  1. Very cool idea!! Better than a hot water bottle because you can freeze them too! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cornbags sound awesome! I had no idea that such a thing existed. Very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love cornbags, and your tutus are beautiful. We have two girls and just found out we are having another girl. Tutus all around. :)

    Thanks for your comment on Family Volley. Newport, what a fun family trip. It is always hard to come home to Utah after time in Southern California.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea. Thanks for stopping by my site. Yours is just fab!
    Andrea
    www.greatthoughts.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I have one of these, and I don't know what I'd do without it! I also have one filled with flax seed and dried lavender - it's the perfect thing for sore muscles at the end of a long day.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog! I think I've found crafty inspiration at yours. :-) The tutus (is that the plural of tutu?) are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love! I've been meaning to make one because I've heard that the corn holds the heat way better than rice (which is what I have now).

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Handcrafted tutu's for your little princess